【有人聊】共同发声,为了一个更融合的世界!

来源:有人基金会   作者:残障历程   2022.09.09 22:27  浏览338
摘要:支持融合的其中一种方式就是共同探讨这个问题。你需要对此表现出你的决心,去了解你身边的人,做一些不一样的事情,了解不一样的事物,了解不同的文化。敞开心扉花点时间去了解他人,别随意用预设的框架评判他们,别吝啬表达你的兴趣,这会带给你惊喜。

写在前面


求学时,身体的特殊状况让我成为校园里的"少数派"。
老师同学的态度让我觉得自己是"异类",大家议论我的外表,下意识地觉得我很可怜,认为我什么都做不好。

曾经认为这一切都是残障惹的祸,直到后来才发现每个人都有被刻板印象和偏见困扰的时候。


但当我们用心了解彼此,就会发现每个人、每个现象背后都有一个长长的故事。无论我们身在何地,无论是否残障,无论有什么特点,每个人都是平等的,我们都应该被欢迎,被尊重。


一个融合的世界对于所有人个人来说都更美好!

点击下方播放按钮可观看视频

视频时长4分15秒


共同发声,为了一个更融合的世界


很多人觉得我是个"恐怖分子",其实我很讨厌这个词。

There are people out there that would consider me quote unquote, I hate this word, but, "a terrorist".

作为土生土长的本地人,在其他人看来,还染上了毒瘾。

As an indigenous person you were known as somebody who potentially could be a drunk, have substance abuse.

我是印度人,人们或许会期望我精通电脑。

Being Indian they might have expected me to know a lot about computers.

我以残障者的身份探索世界,外表却看似来一切如常,有时这样的体验还挺特别的。

It's sometimes a really unique experience navigating the world as a person with a disability who looks to be completely able bodied.

他劝我说:好了,无论接下来发生什么都不必担心,反正你很快就不用呆在这儿了,你马上就要生下一个孩子了。

He made a comment about Well, don't worry about this that's going on because you won't be here too much longer. ,you'll be off having your next baby soon.

大多数女性都被告诫做事应当循规蹈矩,按部就班。

Most women are, you know told they are supposed to behave a certain way.

大家真的感觉我们这代人挺懒的。

People really think my generation is lazy.

我只是个普通的金发服务员。

Just another blonde waitress.

嗨,你会说唱吗?

Hey do you rap?

我是唯一一个黑人女孩。

The only black girl.

我是局外人,或许是一种成长吧。

I didn't belong. I guess kind of growing up.

人们总在预设我应该成为什么样的人。当我意识到我也在对自己进行预设时感觉真是开了眼了。

People made these assumptions about what I was supposed to be but it was really eye opening for me to realize that I had been making those same assumptions myself.

我们都觉得自己很包容,但有时却没有回过头来想想:等一下,我听到房间里所有人的声音了吗?

We all like to think that we're inclusive, but sometimes we don't actually step back and think, wait a second, did I hear everybody in the room?

我的意思是,不要妄下判断,但这很难做到。

I mean, don't judge is the message But it's also hard not to.

我之前一直以为每一个同性恋的男人都是浮夸而粗鲁的。

I always thought that every gay man was flamboyant and rude.

老一辈人总是循规蹈矩。

The older generation is set in their ways.

我以为所有听人都过着舒适而完美的生活。

I thought all hearing people had an easy and perfect life.

起初,我得知一个女孩想当摄影师感到非常诧异,因为摄影通常是和男性联系在一起的,我们要努力改变这种印象。

Initially I thought there was something weird about a girl who would want to be a camera operator cause of the word'camera man',and we still have to work past these things and stuff.

我第一天去学校的时候,遇到了几个戴着头巾的小女孩,我吓了一跳。

I went into the school on my first day and there's these little girls and they're wearing hijabs and was really intimidated by that.

要有自己的思考,也要乐于学习。

Have your initial judgements but also be willing to learn.

我觉得所谓"融合"就是去推翻这个世界和社会中业已形成的障碍。

My definition of inclusion is a world and a society in which constructed barriers have been torn down.

在我看来,融合就是构建人人都能感到舒适的环境。

Inclusion for me is setting up an environment where where everybody is comfortable.

乐于接受他人的观点。

Open to accept other people's opinions.

每个人,无论是什么样的人都能感到自己受人欢迎,受人尊重。

All individuals regardless of their diversity feel welcomed, feel respected.

这意味着他们不必活成他人期待的样子。

It means that they don't have to try to be what others expect them to be.

改变是有可能的,但需要合适的人去促成改变。

Change is possible but it takes the right person to make a change happen.

我有一位车间主管站出来为我发声,给全公司发了一封邮件,邮件中写道:罗宾有使用女更衣室的一切合法权利。在意想不到的情况下遇到志同道合的朋友,挺有意思的。

I had a shop floor supervisor who stood up for me and sent out a company--wide email saying that Robyn has every legal right to use the women's changerooms. It's funny because you do find allies in some of the strangest places.

支持融合的其中一种方式就是共同探讨这个问题。

One thing we can do to support inclusion is to talk about it.

你需要对此表现出你的决心。

You have to demonstrate that you're committed to this.

去了解你身边的人,做一些不一样的事情,了解不一样的事物,了解不同的文化。

Get to know people around you. Do something different. Learn something different. Learn about a culture.

不同的种族,不同的宗教,不同的信仰体系,发现每一个事物的美妙之处。

Different races, different religions, different belief systems and see there's good in all those things.

做一个积极的倾听者,这也是我和其他移民一起,正学着去做的事情。

Be an active listener that's one of the things I practice with other immigrants as well.

敞开心扉花点时间去了解他人,别随意用预设的框架评判他们,别吝啬表达你的兴趣,这会带给你惊喜。

Open up your mind and take your time to get to know someone instead of putting them in this box. Just showing that interest. It's gonna surprise you.

你可以问我一些幼稚的问题,我不会介意的,尽管问吧。

Ask me a stupid question. I don't care if it's a stupid question, just ask me.

我就是一本行走的书,很乐意为你解答。

I'm an open book and willing to answer them.

我不认为这有什么不好,在我看来,这一刻很有教育意义。

I don't see it as a negative thing I see it as a teachable moment.

你可以从了解我名字的发音开始,挺简单的。

Just ask me how to pronounce my name. It's simple.

这会让你去关注他人的经历和感受。

You decide that other people's feelings and experiences matter.

为了促进不同群体间的融合,进行一些不那么舒适的对话是非常必要的,很多时候,这并不容易。

We need to have more uncomfortable conversations so that we can drive more inclusion. And often times, it's not easy.

虽然还没有完全成功,但我们肯定走在正确的道路上。

We're not there but certainly we're on the right track .

这一点很重要,否则现状永远不会发生改变。

And it's important otherwise change will never happen .

我是一个厨师,还会锻造金属。

I'm a chef and I forge metals.

一位骄傲的母亲。

A proud mother.

叉车工和卡车司机。

Forklift operator and a truck driver.

我是聋人、同性恋、有色人种。

I am deaf, gay and a person of colour.

我期待有一天我们都能接纳彼此、包容彼此。

I envision a day when we can just be so accepting of each other. Where we can make space for others.

倡导融合,从探讨融合开始。

Before we speak Up for Inclusion we need to speak about inclusion.

版权声明

本视频来源于互联网,版权归原作者所有,仅供学习,禁止用于任何商业盈利行为,否则一切后果由该组织或个人承担,历程社字幕组不承担任何法律及连带责任。

致谢

历程社字幕组@CLARITY小队

翻译:张炜军、李生平、Hanjing、Christina、 Catherine、Megan、 Eunice

制作支持:Brandt、Zoey、Emily、 Wiley、Hazel



分享给朋友: 
称呼* 邮箱   评论*